Wolf Valley is on U.S. Highway 183
twenty-four miles northeast of Brownwood and two miles from the
Comanche county line in northeastern Brown County. The community was
settled in the early 1880s, and the first grave in Wolf Valley dates
to 1882. The town had a school by 1914, which was consolidated with
the May school by 1929. In 1940 Wolf Valley had a church, a cemetery,
and scattered dwellings. The town looked much the same in the 1960s,
and the church and cemetery were still standing in the 1980s.