Blake, Texas                    

 

 

 

Blake, two miles northwest of Williams on Farm Road 563 in north central Brown County, was the location of a tank farm and oil-pumping station. The settlement was on a mail route from May. A rural church served the surrounding farming community but was disbanded in the 1980s. The only remaining community activity is the Blake Cemetery Association.

from the Handbook of Texas Online
1936 Map of Blake from General Highway Map of Brown County, 1936 View map legend
Blake Cemetery, Click for more photos